Administration of Dombivali
The twin city of Kalyan - Dombivli is run by the Kalyan-Dombivli municipal corporation (KDMC) since 1983. The head-quarters of the corporation is in Kalyan:
A section of this administration body is the Kalyan-Dombivli municipal Transport (KDMT) which runs bus services in both the cities. KDMC has 32 sub-divisions. KDMC comes under the main administrative jurisdiction of Thana district. The municipal corporation is governed by The Bombay Provincial Municipal Corporation act of 1949.
The corporation serves about 1.1million people and offers 90 public utility services. It has 16 members in the standing-committee and seven ward-committees headed by councilors, elected by the ward election. The commissioner of the corporation is Mr. Shyamasundar L Patil since 13-4-2014.
The citizens of Dombivli are entitled to the following online services (https://www.kdmc.gov.in/kdmc/):
- Available 24/7 on all days of the week, 365 days of the year.
- Historical and Geographical information of the city, including tourism.
- Information about the working of the corporation, including details of the sub-divisions and tasks undertaken by each and other information required by the RTI act
- Availability of various downloadable service forms and information regarding availing any service
- Application for birth/death certificates. There is also a home-delivery option.
- Status of complaints lodged.
- Payment of water/property tax bills.
- Open between 9:30 AM to 8:00 PM on all working days.
- All payments to the corporation
- Acceptance of inward letters
- Submission of tenders
- Lodging of complaints
- Information on application status and complaints.
- Public works like constructions or roads, flyovers, air-conditioned theatres, multi-storeyed parks road diversions etc.
- In the field of health-care, by opening regional health care centres; specialized reproductive and child care centres; a 120-bed hospital at Shastri nagar.
- Various projects in solid-waste management: first with segregation, by setting up a plant for proper disposal of the waste including biomedical waste from hospitals and health care centres.
- Established underground drainage systems and maintained them.
- Established storm-water drains.
- Created CFCs in 2002.
List of Various Government Offices in Dombivli
Aadhar Enrollment CentreAddress: 639P+MP6, Ghanashyam Gupte Rd, Vishnu Nagar, Dombivli West, Dombivli, Maharashtra 421202
Ration Office (Dombivli East)
Address: 639Q+VRR, Nehru Rd, Dombivli East, Dombivli, Maharashtra 421201
Ration Office (Dombivli West)
Address: 639P+JPW, Vishnu Nagar, Dombivli West, Dombivli, Maharashtra 421202
Shop Act Registration
Post Offices in DombivliAddress: 639R+V5J, Tilak Road, Dombivli East, Dombivli, Maharashtra 421201
Registrar of PropertyAddress: 41, P&T Colony Rd, P&T Colony, Nandivali Panchanand, Dombivli East, Dombivli, Maharashtra 421201
Dombivli Municipal Corporation Ltd
Address: Near Railway Station, Dombivli East, Thane – 421201
Tel: + (91) – 251 – 2449143